Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Cllr. Barry Conway (FF) offers guarded support 01/10/2006




The residents greatly appreciate Cllr. Barry Conway's continued support.

I think some clarification of the wording (in red) would be good.

To the Residents of Rowanbyrn, Brookville Park Fleurville And Surrounding Areas

October 1st 2006

Re: the Monkstown Ring Road

Dear Resident,
Following correspondence from many residents I am writing to you to outline my position in connection with the proposed Monkstown Ring Road.

In light of the inspector's report which was issued following an extensive public hearing, I cannot support the road as currently proposed.

The inspector highlighted the adverse impact of the road.
In particular he outlined the implications of the road in terms of community severance, road safety and pollution.

As a public representative for the area I feel compelled to have regard to his findings.
Accordingly I intend to vote against the road when the County Manager brings the matter before the Council.

Kind regards

No comments: