Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Cllr. John Bailey (FG) Support 01/10/2006



The residents greatly appreciate Cllr. John Bailey & his daughter and fellow Councilors, Maria Bailey continued support.

October 2006

Re: The Monkstown Ring Road - I promise to oppose it

Dear Resident,

I wish to write to you to state my position on the proposed Monkstown Ring Road Development.
I have listened to the views and concerns of residents in the locality, attended residents' meetings on the matter and read the Planning Inspector's Report to An Bord Pleanala.

I will be opposing the Monkstown Ring Road when it comes before the Council on Monday, 9th October and I will be voting to remove the proposal for the road from the County Development Plan.

This is my written guarantee to you that I will do that.
In addition to this I will also do my utmost to convince other County Councillors of the need to oppose this road.
Furthermore, my daughter and fellow Councillor, Maria Bailey has assured me that she will also oppose Ring Road and vote to remove it from the County Development Plan.

I believe the Planning Inspector's Report clearly outlines numerous grounds on which this road should not be given approval and it would be remiss of me as a public representative to ignore this expert advice and even more importantly the wishes of the public.

If I can be of any assistance to you at anytime then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Wishes.

Yours faithfully,

Councillor John Bailey

-Dail Candidate

No comments: